May 28, 2020 - Loans in the banking system grew 9.57 percent in 12 months. This figure is higher than the variation recorded in March 2020 - 9.45 percent - and lower than the same period last year - 9.65 percent.
Commercial loans boosted the result with an increase of 13.38 percent, over the 12.37 percent recorded in the previous month. The housing portfolio rose by 8.79 percent - 8.62 percent in March - while the consumer portfolio fell for the second month in a row, decreasing 3.53 percent over 12 months.
All credit risk indicators rose in April. The loan-loss provisions index grew from 2.56 to 2.59 percent; the arrears ratio of 90 days or more increased from 2.03 to 2.05 percent; and the impaired portfolio climbed from 5.01 to 5.03 percent.
Monthly profits for April summed 203,560 million Chilean pesos - USD 243 million. It is a decline of 8.12 percent compared to a year ago. Consequently, the return on average equity reached 11.90 percent and the return on average assets was 0.91 percent.
Loans by savings and credit cooperatives supervised by the CMF increased 1.92 percent in 12 months, below the 3 percent recorded in March. A lower growth of the consumer portfolio - 1.89 percent - explains this variation.
Regarding Credit Risk, all indicators decreased compared to the previous month. The provisions index got 4.07 percent; the arrears of 90 days or more fell to 2.96 percent; and the impaired portfolio dropped to 7.49 percent.
Monthly profits rose 65.32 percent compared to March, mainly due to lower net provision expenses. Profits over 12 months, however, fell by 21.08 percent.
Alongside this month's financial information, the Performance Report includes an analysis of overdrafts on current accounts.
- Report on the Performance of Banking System and Cooperatives - April 2020
- Monthly Report on the Financial Information of the Banking System - April 2020
- Report on Derivative and Non-Derivative Instruments of the Banking System - April 2020
- Indicator of individual default of 90 days of the Banking System - April 2020
- Report on the Non-Performing Loans of the Banking System - April 2020
- Assets and Liabilities of the Chilean Banking System Abroad - April 2020
- Balance Sheet and Statements of Banks (in plain text format) - April 2020
- Financial Report of Savings and Credit Cooperatives - April 2020