August 6, 2021 - The Financial Market Commission (CMF) informs the general public that the following entities are neither supervised by it nor registered in its rolls:
- Omegapro offers investment services through its website, omegapro dot world. Said entity is blacklisted by France's Financial Market Authority, and the Spanish National Securities Market Commission (CNMV) also issued a warning to the public informing Omegapro is not authorized to provide investment services.
- Binance, an investment platform that operates through the binance dot com website. The United Kingdon's Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) issued an alert last month stating that Binance Markets Limited and Binance Group are not authorized by it to provide investment services.
- Similarly, Swedencap offers investment services through swedencap dot com. The CNMV also issued an alert stating Swedencap is an unsupervised entity and unauthorized to provide investment services.
The CMF reiterates that these entities are neither supervised nor authorized by it to operate or provide financial and investment services in Chile.
Before making an investment, the Commission recommends investors to always do their research on products and companies they are considering investing with by taking the following actions:
- Check the CMF website to confirm whether the relevant company is registered in Chile, and which parties are responsible for its management.
- Use popular Internet search engines to identify any complaints or negative feedback about the company through its name, its directors, and the products being considered for investment.
The Commission has a special alerts page for investors, policyholders, and banking customers available on its website. Interested parties can verify here whether an entity or person offering financial products or services is supervised by the CMF; review alerts issued by the CMF and other foreign regulators on unregulated entities or activities; and other important advice for the protection of investors, policyholders, and financial clients.